Monday, July 5, 2010

Merrie, the band, and the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

My friend Merrie from work participated in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, walking 39 miles to help the fight against breast cancer. All this, after just recovering from surgery herself. She is an amazing woman.
Here she is crossing the finish line!!!


My band passed the hat at a recent gig to help raise funds for Merrie. We are so grateful to those who contributed, and I wanted to pass along this note from Merre:

"Dear Ironwood Rain,
All I can say is Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! Michael, your support, and understanding of what this means to me and my friends and family is amazing. You certainly didn't need to jump on the bandwagon, but I am truly humbled that you did. During the Walk, those of us walking solo have a tremendous opportunity to meet up up with some amazing people, my standing memory from this walk will be the woman with her "bucket list" on the back of her shirt. It had some expected items, but the "beat these damn brain tumors" mixed in there made me stop in my tracks. I could only squeeze her hand and walk on. Cancer Sucks...that's it, and as long as I can walk, I will.
So thank you again, it means a great deal.
Sincerely,
Merre
P.S. Love the music!!!"

We are pleased that we could help in a small way, and are discussing possible ways we may be involved next year.

From myself, the band, and Merrie, to all who helped, who contribute and support the cause, a great big "Thank you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment