Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Junior's Last Stand

04/11/12
Scotte said that he wants to sell Junior to pay for some new bass gear. (Totally cool gear, btw – and I loves me some gear!)
So I decided that, before Junior takes his last bow, I'd take the opportunity to finally put together an arrangement that I began working on over a decade ago. It's a call back to Stiffwater MKIII – the 6-piece band, and our version of a classic big-band song.
I know all the parts; I worked the original arrangement out with the help of David McKinnis back in... well, let's just say it was a while ago.
So the day comes to record, and the musicians show up all disorganized, totally distracted, and unable to focus on the music. We couldn't even get through the first four bars of the song!!!
Musicians... phooey!!
Oh wait... it was just me and a drum machine.
Well then, it musta been Junior's fault!
...

No comments:

Post a Comment