Thursday, November 25, 2010

Amazing Grace ... at long last!

I was finally able to post the version of Amazing Grace that I created for Mom's memorial service.
I have always loved the song, and Mom had requested that the song be played at her memorial service. I think she asked for bagpipes or organ. I don't play bagpipes, so...
It's just me, Sam (my trusty Fender acoustic), and my Digitech RP20 (for reverb and also for compression/warmth for the layered harmony guitars), recorded on a KORG ToneWorks PXR4.
(Finally, I found a software that could convert my file to an .mp3 that RN would accept. the PXR4 is an older unit, and records at a different sample rate that freaks out RN's upload page.
You can play it in the RN mini-player on the sidebar of this blog (at left), or you can go to my ReverbNation page and listen to it there:
http://www.reverbnation.com/mikekloepfer
It was so wild when they played it at the church; the speakers were way up in the rafters, so it really did sound like it was coming from heaven. I think Mom would have liked that.

No comments:

Post a Comment